A friend of mine is expecting and I can share the quilt I made for her upcoming spring baby.
I was at the fabric store looking for something entirely different when I saw this lightening bug fabric. I thought it would be great for Julie's baby quilt. They aren't finding out if the baby is a boy or a girl so it let the quilt stay neutral, but still fun.
I did a zig-zag pattern with a few other prints and solids I thought made the quilt cheerful. You can see in the top photo the print of animal prints, and in the photos below you can see the tree rings print. I thought they made for a really cute fabric combination.
Isn't this backing adorable? I know!
I'm so happy for my friend Julie as she starts her family.
I know she is going to be an incredible mother and I am so excited for this new adventure she is embarking on... its no Appalachian Trail, but she is going to love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment