Last week I vowed to my husband that I would stick to a strict UFO to do list. I finished one project, but then added another. So I didn't really keep my word then eh? Luckily I am better at being faithful to my marriage vows.
Quilt plans really can't be followed exactly, since everything depends on the creative flow. I'm a list maker. But I have come to understand that making a to do list for my projects ends up serving more as a ....don't totally forget these quilts list. Its okay. I have learned in the past few years that if I'm not in the mood to work on something it ain't happening! There is no way I can make myself.
It really helped to have a friend nagging encouraging me to work on this quilt. This sampler, as much as I have cursed and bad mouthed it, has been a really memorable project. Working on the same blocks on our sewing machines fifteen hundred miles apart, sharing photos online of the accomplished blocks and exciting fabric choices. Dual samplers, what a incredibly fun project to do along with the friend that taught me how to quilt.
What a gift she gave me. I hope she knows how thankful I am.
This post made me misty-eyed. I just imagine you and Mrs Qs sewing in tandem with your hearts filled with love. Isn't quilting easy to romanticize? She really did give us all quite a gift!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I love this post. It makes me feel so warm inside. I love that you two quilt and can share it with me. It's lonely to quilt along but with friends is so much fun! I love all our crazy projects. I'm crying.
ReplyDelete