Friday, April 8, 2011

Adding it to the List


Yesterday I crossed a project off my to do list.  Then I added a project.  Not cool.  This is the sampler I did along with Erin.  We were both working from Judy Hopkin's Around the Block and Around the Block Again.  She picked half the block patterns, and I picked half the block patterns.  I'm pretty sure we started in the summer of 2009.  ALMOST TWO YEARS AGO.  Its one of my oldest UFOs.  (I have one from 2008. Yuck!)  
The reason I'm not excited about finishing it???  Because the blocks range from 10.75 to 12.75.  This happened to Erin also, so at least I know it wasn't just me not doing them correctly.  I finished the blocks last summer and promptly started the sashing.  FAIL!  It was horrible so I put it away.
Well  Erin has been on spring break this week, and finished her top!  And everyday she let me know she was  working on it.  So finally yesterday I pulled it out.  Then I spent the evening ripping the sashing off the blocks.   You know seam ripping is my favorite thing to do(that was sarcasm).  I'm going to try to forget the hatred I have for this project and I'll work on it today while I'm doing laundry, and brewing about the government shutdown.  (thats a great combo eh?  hatred, housework, and brewing anger. Usually I'm a happy person that doesn't dwell too much on the crap of life.)  The hubs is working this weekend(maybe for free) so I will give this project 3 days, then I might pack it away again.  Three days.....                 

2 comments:

  1. I really like it though! it looks nice, I hope you can get it done in 3 days :D you work so quickly, its been a month on my quilt and I only have the blocks cut out and 6 squares sewed back together!
    and I hope everything works out with the gov't so that Dave gets paid, cause otherwise that would suck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! Your doing a really intricate design, but you'll get it done!

    ReplyDelete