I decided to track where I found my time because I hated that 'I don't know how you find the time' comment. But I think it really ended up making me feel more confident that I deserve this time that I carve out. I make my quilting time by the way I run my house and balance my duties. My kid has home cooked (mostly organic) meals every night, his clothes are clean, he is happy and thriving. I take care of my husband, he is loved, and when he comes home he gets to relax because I have things covered(although he does help with the dinner dishes. God love him!) I've got it covered. I can afford to spend nap time working on a quilt.
So if you ever comment about how I find time, I'll just say,'oh I don't know, I just do' and I wont feel guilty or judged anymore. I feel happy that I've come to this understanding. Its like having an Oprah 'ah ha!' moment.
So anyhow this quilt took about 26 hours total. I started it mid February, and now in late April its done :)
| Cutting took nearly 4 hours |
| Piecing took 8 1/2 hours |
| Quilting took a little more than 6 hours |
| Binding took about 7 hours |
How bazaar that quilting took less time than binding or cutting???
I don't think you neglect your family because you quilt a lot, I'm impressed at how quickly you quilt in the little time you have! I'm slow :D
ReplyDeleteThanks Lisa!!
ReplyDelete