Friday, October 8, 2010

Keeping my eyes peeled



I mentioned my current single parent status to someone recently, and commented it was tricky to have time to quilt. The response was you'll find time. Yeah I just have to search extra hard for a free moment or two to get myself in the sewing room. I'm on the lookout!
Here are the few things I've found time for this past week. These are two blocks from my soon to be November wall hanging. If you could see inside my head you would 'get it' a little easier. I'll keep my eyes peeled for time this next and LAST week of single parenthood, and maybe soon you can get the big picture.
I saw an acorn quilt a few months ago. Its been stored in my brain. I wanted to add an acorn to my November wall hanging. Here it is. :)
When I think of November I think of pumpkin pie, and turkey, and cool days, and crunching leaves. And usually an extra cup of coffee in the morning to get my self up and going. The days get shorter, and you just want something warm and yummy. Coffee in the morning, tea in the evening. That's why I really had to add a coffee mug to the quilt. KT gets it. I'd guess Mrs. Qs does too.
And here is a peek at that giveaway I mentioned. Keep your eyes peeled for that post soon. Hehehe.
P.S. aren't you proud of my fabric hoarding for stepping aside and finally letting me cut into this Gobble Gobble?!! Using a layer cake for this wall hanging is requiring a lot of patchwork, and I love it!!

1 comment: