Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Finished Fresh Flowers




I finished up the round 8 project from the Old Red Barn Co Quilt Along. This group makes it so fun. I really enjoy looking at everyone elses versions. It keeps me super motivated. Anyhow. Here is my Fresh Flowers wall hanging. It is' not part of the 12 months of wall hangings. But its a nice addition eh?




The center is free motion quilted. I quilted the applique pieces down instead of blanket stitching. But I dig the raw edges look.



I spiraled on the flower centers and petals



Went up and down the stem and leaves.



The triangles I straight stitched around and around. I love how tight it is. On the corners I did 2 parallelograms to bring the sides together. Its really cool I think.


I straight stitched the corner segments also, 1/4 inch on each side of the seams, which you know is my favorite way to go. The entire reason I did my project in Fandango by Kate Spain, was this backing fabric. I love it like I love skittles! And that's a lot!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am loving this!! I haven't a clue HOW I'm going to quilt mine - yours is amazing.

    ReplyDelete