I cannot remember if I have mentioned this... but my whole quilting life has been changed by audio-books. Free audio-books that I get via Overdrive through my library. If your library has the overdrive system available you MUST download the app and get borrowing. Listening to books got me though all of my Christmas sewing, and I ended up exceeding my reading goal last year.
I went through a serious sewing slump after we ditched cable and my sewing room TV didn't have a digital converter. I could hardly get myself to sit down and work. The hubs offered to buy me a new TV but that seemed silly. Once I discovered the audio-book app the hubs bought me Bluetooth headphones. Now I can hop up to iron, dash over to cut, and go back to sewing without worrying about cords or needing to tuck my phone in my pocket...or bra. So things have been delightful with these new headphones.
Right now I'm listening to 1984 which is loooong, and super crazy. However it makes the stitching go quicker. Yesterday I was able to get more than half of the quilting done on my Happy Go Lucky quilt. Not in one sitting but in at least 5 or 6 chapters.
Anywho... I just wanted to pop in and mention that I'm quilting away over here...(while Winston has been tortured and brain washed)
No comments:
Post a Comment