Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mod Pop and an Old WIP


 My facebook group of quilting friends just started a new quilt along.  Using Distant Pickle's pattern we are making Mod Pops this round.  I really wasn't looking forward to it.  I had done four curved seams once, and I had pretty much sworn off them.  
However, the Mod Pop is super cute and I changed my mind... with this huge cloud tiniest bit of dread still looming.  Well, as I began cutting I just wanted to try the curved cutting.... then I just wanted to try sewing the curves.... then I ended up wanting so badly to get all of the curved piecing done.  So last night with an audio-book in my ear, I plugged away and got it done.  Except....


 ... around 11:30 pm last night I was done and it was obvious that I had screwed up.  I was thinking that I cut too many of template b from my focal fabric.  As I went to my pattern to look and see I couldn't find the page I needed.  One page...the cutting list page is somewhere in my newly "cleaned and organized" sewing room.  Perfect right? So I cussed, and went to bed.(had a nightmare that the roof was blown off our house, and we were going to slowly replace it while we lived in our house)


This morning with a little assistance from someone who hadn't misplaced page 1/2 of their pattern I figured out indeed I was missing 20 mint template A pieces.  Luckily it was my focal fabric that I messed up because I had just enough to re-cut 20 squares and use the correct template.  If it had been my background fabrics I woulda been up a creek. So I fixed my error and tried out one of the blocks.  I have seven more to make, but I'm going to shelve this project for a week or two.  


Now that I have the curved piecing and pressing done I feel 100% sure that I won't quit and give up on this pattern.  That's good, I was worried.  Plus, isn't this fabric adorable?!  It kills me.  My fabrics are made up of mostly blenders, but I have this cute bunny print and an adorable squirrel print sprinkled in there and I just love it.  

Besides my Mod Pop fiasco I have been really making progress!

I finished the quilting on my Happy Go Lucky quilt.  And thankfully the audio-book I was listening to is over also.... I don't know if someone with my anxiety level should read conspiracy theory books.  


I pulled out my year old Marmalade quilt.  I started these blocks last winter using the Charm Pack Quilt Along.  I had the sections done but needed to assemble the remaining 22 blocks.  That happened this morning after I set the Mod Pop away.  
These fabrics are really pretty.  

Now with the blocks finished I am excited to get this top assembled.  A gremlin moved into my forehead this afternoon after I snapped these photos, so I had to set it aside until my Motrin kicked in...then dinner duties trumped returning. Hopefully after supper I can get back to this one.  

I'm not sure how it happened but I currently have THREE projects going, made with Bonnie & Camille fabrics.  The Happy Go Lucky, this Marmalade, and my Scrumptious quilts.  Guess it's time to order some April Showers then eh? I think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment