Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Happy Guest Room

 I finished my Happy Go Lucky quilt last night.  It was beyond rewarding, and I came in just under my self imposed deadline.  This quilt is for our guest room.  And we have company coming next week, then more company the following week!

I am very pleased with the way this quilt came out.  I used a Moda Bake Shop pattern.  It was Trish Poolson's pattern and I love seeing her on Moda Bake Shop.  I met her at the Sewing Summit and she is such a nice person. 

 I straight line stitched this one in the ditch and I like how simple it is.  


I was going to make this quilt another row longer but I was getting concerned with the size and quilting it myself.  I have enough leftover HSTs to make two pillow shams.  Although I have no clue when that will happen.(possibly never) 


The backing is from HoLo  and I like this polka-dot.  Lately unless I find an awesome stripe I pretty much go for a solid binding.  I'm just not feeling very creative lately as far as finding an awesome or interesting binding fabric.  Oh well, there are worse things to be lazy about... like showering or paying bills.  I machine closed the binding which I really dig sometimes.  On this quilt I used different colored top and bobbin threads so it would look nicer.  I feel like such a rule breaker, but if my tension is good there really isn't any issue.

By the way, I finished two quilts last night so now I'm down to 11 wips!  Here is my list.    

  1. Birthday gift for my sister- just needs the binding hand sewn
  2. Baby gift for a friend due in late spring- just needs the binding hand sewn
  3. Happy Go Lucky- I need to buy the binding and attach it
  4. Cuzco- I need to quilt (I need gray thread) and bind it, I haven't picked out the fabric for the binding
  5. Economy Block I-spy- I have it ready to baste anytime I decide to mop
  6. Marmalade- quilt top is done, backing is ordered and on it's way
  7. Blueberry Patch Sampler- top is done, no backing yet(next month maybe)
  8. Scrumptious- Top is done, backing is ordered and on it's way
  9. Baby gift for a friend due in late spring- top is done, backing is ordered and on it's way
  10. Mod Pop Quilt Along- I'm ahead, sewing blocks together
  11. Mystery BOM - Waiting for the January block to arrive 
  12. Plums- I'm leaving it
  13. Postage Stamp- I'm leaving it

1 comment: