Thursday, May 22, 2014

This Star



I finished this quilt's binding last night


Waiting for it to come out of the wash this morning was torture.


 I'm very pleased with this quilt.  A new method obviously, and I'll never enjoy 'Y' seams.  When I was first assembling the big diamonds I tried my best to avoid pinning, but it was impossible.  I could certainly tell the difference while I was quilting in the ditch and that one diamond with the off seams showed that my points didn't meet very well.  But the other 7 diamonds were much better, and I learned pinning was a must.  Although try as I did I still managed to chop off 5 of the 8 star points.  Poo.  Next time I would have cut a size larger of setting squares and triangles, having 'just the right size' lopped of my points.


Oh well, it's good that I still have things to learn.  I like trying new things once in awhile.  I love this three pointed star.  


And this would be my 25th for the year folks.  
The tomatoes go in the garden tomorrow though, so my pace is sure to see a drastic slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment