The space quilt I've mentioned a few times is completed! My sewing night friends and I each purchased this panel and fabrics during our Shop Hop around the Black Hills. We started working on them this week at sewing and I finished mine up today.
I love that the monster is at an age where space is cool and he is totally interested in the planets and stars. Since we homeschool and I'm his teacher I've been learning a lot about space too! Mostly it makes me feel small and insignificant, but still space is an awesome study.
Best of all this quilt glows! It's so fun!
I hung it up and I bet the monster stays up late recharging it and watching it glow. No doubt, tonight we will be yelling to turn his light out until ten.
In other quilty happenings I was going to start that summery quilt, but I took an impulsive detour and started hacking up a layer cake instead. A quick project to be sure. I started cutting the hourglass blocks the other night. Spend a pretty decent amount of time pressing and trimming last night and this morning. Trimming is so important. I often skip it and regret it. But for this one I took my time.(And I've got an awesome audio-book keeping me entertained)
Between yard work, shaving the springer, and making dinner I sewed the top together. I am going to my LQS to look at their Mirabelle selection. I'm sure one of the prints will go well with this Honeysweet line.
It's happy sewing at my Juki lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment