Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Big Quilt Begins

While I wait for that backing I need to buy I thought I would carefully start something else.  I don't want to end up with a dozen wips again!  However I have the backing for this summery picnic quilt, so it can cut in line.  


Yesterday being our first official day of summer break here in our homeschool. I spent the whole morning and afternoon cutting and piecing these blocks.  It helped that the monster slept in!  I had leisurely coffee refills after I watered the garden and ate breakfast.  I tuned in the radio and enjoyed some quiet time!  Even once he woke up he played outside or with blocks and marbles.  It was a delightful day.


Today after finishing up those four strip blocks, I laid the quilt out.  Organized it so I can start sewing it in rows when I get time.  I can take my time on this project.  I don't really have anything pressing.  I love this situation!  This is how it should be.  I'll update with progress soon.... remember years ago when quilt bloggers took 'the process pledge'?  I love that kind of blogging.  I'm going to try to get back to that with this one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment