Friday, May 9, 2014

The Slow Go I-spy


I finished up that birthday quilt after all.  It was a dragging my feet, complaining, type of project.  They don't happen very often, but when they do it's miserable.  I bribed myself with 15 episodes of Switched at Birth (my new vice), half a bottle of wine(a long standing vice) and two audio-book Amish tales by Beverly Lewis.  


I'm not sure what my problem was.  The recipient is a special girl, and the fabrics are adorable and fun. My friend Kristen has been seriously collecting I-spy fabrics.  She makes I-spy quilts for commission.  Luckily I benefit greatly from this.  Some of the prints are from my friend Miranda too.  


I love these prints for reals!


I went with a thin multicolored striped border, and an orange binding with polka dots.  


The backing is fitting for a one year old.  Cute.


Hopefully this quilt will get years of snuggling and enjoyment.  


I did get my Juggling Summer quilt basted(no photos, sorry) and I hope to start quilting it tonight if it's rainy.  The boys have stuff going on this weekend so I might get a good hunk of time to myself.  Thankfully my attitude is improving so I won't be a grumpy quilter. 


1 comment:

  1. I love the colors and the owl backing fabric! I know those owls will get lots of love.

    ReplyDelete