Finally I can share the other secret baby quilt that I had been working on recently. The mailman had me sweating a bit, as it took a couple of extra days, but finally it has been gifted and the secrets are over. Thank goodness because I'm not so great with secrets.
This quilt was made for the baby my cousin Erin is expecting in January. Our sewing group only made one girl quilt, and even though it's bright, it's just so much softer than the boy quilts. The tan sashing makes me happy, but the quilt gets a jolt of girlishness with the pink border. I just love the effect.
As for the blocks, here are the close up views.
As for the blocks, here are the close up views.
This is a star block made by Erica.
This star block was made by Rebecca.
This dresden I put together.
Jamie made this dresden block.
Erin's close friend Julie made this block.
This log cabin was made by Melissa
Briana made this zig-zag
This zig-zag was Eva's
and finally, Lisa made the postage stamp.
For the backing I decided on a large scale floral print in girly colors, it isn't very childish, but I tend to do that when I make baby quilts, I'm not sure why.
We really hope the expecting mama will enjoy this quilt and her new baby too of course!
For the backing I decided on a large scale floral print in girly colors, it isn't very childish, but I tend to do that when I make baby quilts, I'm not sure why.
We really hope the expecting mama will enjoy this quilt and her new baby too of course!
No comments:
Post a Comment