Yesterday I pulled out this quilt top which just needed the borders attached and to be finished. Since I've been shaken up by the number of quilts I have going I decided to really try to get this wall hanging done. And I did.
It feels really great to have this project finished after starting it eleven months ago.
Between getting the Tigers Squares and this Valentine's kiss quilt finished yesterday I felt really bad ass. Of course I needed more Motrin and Icy Hot at bedtime....
I'm going to need to take it easy for a few days so my back can recover. It's hard to sit idle though since I still have EIGHT wips left. For reals. I've decided my goal will be to get everything done to atleast a top asap. Then throughout the winter and early spring hopefully I can budget backings and finish them up at a manageable rate.
Here is my list of projects....
My cuzco top is done and the backing is even sewn together. Perhaps I'll baste and quilt it when my back is feeling better.
My Happy Go Lucky top is also finished and I have the backing purchased already. I need to piece the backing together and get a move on with this quilt also. I really want to send this quilt away to my long arm girl though.
I call this project my plums quilt, and I have several blocks assembled, with a lot more blocks left to sew.
Same story different quilt. I think I have 5 of these blocks sewn... and 20 more... ugg.
My virtual quilting bee sampler just needs to be set in squares and have the sashing added to create the top. I started working on this today.
My postage stamp project, which I started in early 2011, is the project that might still be a wip all year. I just don't think I can make myself work on it.
Not photoed is a quick layer cake quilt that I just need to sew rows together to finish the top, and a baby quilt top which just needs backing and to be finished. So I feel confident about about 6 of the 8 projects..... I'm hoping I can get the tops assembled by the end of January... But in January I'm starting a new quilt...
By the way, if you were adding them up.... there is one other quilt not mentioned, I finished it yesterday but it is a birthday gift so I won't be able to share until March!
No comments:
Post a Comment