This past weekend I started working on this quilt. My cousin Jess is going to gift it this Christmas. I've been banging it out, and now I'm just waiting for the backing to arrive. Even though I'm very pleased to have the top ready and waiting, I'm starting to feel a pull to impulsively start something else 'while I wait' but I know that wouldn't be wise, since I need to see this through first and get it mailed. I'm not sure why I commonly get into the thick of a quilt, and start to stray.... It's like quilt infidelity.
I think it's procrastination's evil twin....
I also have three bindings ready and waiting. Dang it. They are small projects though and shouldn't require much time to finish them up. Quilt infidelity's twin- procrastination is running these three quilts.
Most likely this stack of gorgeous fabric is causing my eye to wander. It has been sitting on the cutting table, distracting me, and calling my name.
I picked up this bundle on Black Friday. I also bought the beautiful backing. I haven't completely decided yet, but I think I want to make a log cabin. It will be a new quilt for my bed. Of course I swore up and down I wouldn't make another big quilt.... but it's like after giving birth, you forget the pain and want another.
I have two secret quilts that can be revealed really really soon....I'm anxious to blog them!
No comments:
Post a Comment