Sunday, December 22, 2013

A Finish

The last time I mentioned this quilt it was green and hot.  Polar opposites to today, as I finished this quilt.
 After getting about 1/3 of this quilting done in August I literally stuffed this quilt somewhere so I couldn't see it.  On purpose.  I wasn't having fun doing the quilting.   This quilt, which I've nicknamed tiger squares, was making me bitter and grumpy.
The nickname came from the navy and orange colors reminding me of the Detroit Tigers. 

 But that is besides the point.  The point is I wasn't sure how I could get myself to finish the quilting, but with a mere week before the new year, I am starting to look at my current projects and wish they could be done so I can feel a little lighter in the WIPs. Last night I made a list and found I had ELEVEN quilts in progress.  Seriously.  
So after I made the list I loaded some bobbins and finished quilting this tiger squares quilt.  And I will tell you it was rough, I had to Icy Hot my back and take some Motrin last night before bed.  Now I clearly remember why I put this quilt aside, the quilting was backbreaking.  Much more than the normal shoulder tension I might get from regular stippling.  
 Well, anyways.  I quilted it last night, and added the binding today after church.  I feel so pleased to have this quilt done.  Even if I did start it last spring, and finished it on a snowy wintry day. 
And now my Tiger's fan will have a manly- long enough quilt to favor.  

No comments:

Post a Comment