Friday, August 27, 2010

Sew & Tell- Changing Leaves

HEY! Its Friday! Whoot whoot!! I have shared a quilt on Sew & Tell 4 weeks in a row! That means I have finished a quilt every week! This is a big deal for me. I felt like I hadn't found my groove yet this year! Now, I am filled with giddiness every Thursday when I make that final push to finish a project, just so I can share on amylouwho's Sew & Tell. From her story on Sew & Tell that was the whole point, to give you that little extra motivation to finish up something to share. Well, its working wonders for my quilt mojo, and I am really happy about it. Go over and check everything out! Okay enough blabber, on to my finished loot....
This is my finished September wall hanging! Finished this baby up last night watching Iron Chef. Its all scraps on the front. I saw my cousin's tree quilt and wanted one bad! I tried to talk her into giving me her's, but that didn't work so I had to make one. I am happy with it. And I love leaving raw edges on my applique. I quilted around the tree, then free motion quilted it inside the tree. Its what I pictured in my head, and its a dream to pet.
The backing is pieced a bit, but is mostly made up of this remnant I bought at Joann last Saturday. Oh how I love this fabric.

This is a bonus for me this week! I finished this one on Saturday in the car. Yes! That means I finished 2 quilts this week! Its my Round 3 Wonky Log Cabin from Old Red Barn Co's quilt along, which was taught by quiltdad.

Ahhhh, I loved this week!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your great finishes! Are you sure you want to keep that September quilt? It would look gorgeous in my foyer! ;o) Stopping by from Sew&Tell. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

    Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to make myself one of those tree quilts too! Love it. Congrats on all your finishes, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree quilt. It is amazing and I'm sure it looks great in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both projects are just lovely, but your tree in particular is fabulous! I'm going to remember that idea. I may need to make one myself....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing these great quilts! Nothing like a deadline to help us get moving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! What great projects you completed. :o)
    Love them both! :o)
    You mentioned watching Iron Chef, do you ever watch Master Chef?
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been busy! I love the tree wall hanging. I so want one for myself! I have so many scraps I just might have to start yet another project. I'm going to take a look at your other quilts because I can see that you love lots of color, so do I! Great finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great finishes! The tree quilt is lovely (I just love the backing fabric) and the colorful wonky log csbin is wonderfully cheerful-a truly happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. two finishes in one week are amazing...and they both are so fantastic. i love the tree!!!

    ReplyDelete