I finished this one up late yesterday. Just in time to share today for amylouwho's Sew & Tell. It really is a little push to get things finished up to share on Fridays. Three weeks in a row I have shared quilts. I'm on a roll! Anyhow, this quilt was started last November I believe. Round 4 of Old Red Barn Co's awesome quilt along. I had this top finished in January, but set it aside because I lost my steam.
In the past couple of weeks I have got the itch to get some Christmas gifts done. This one is a gift for my mother in law. I think she will like the fabrics. They are a mix of Nancy Halvorson's "I Believe in Santa" and "12 Days of Christmas." All go really well together. It took me a really long time to decide how I should quilt this(probably why I lost my steam in January). Usually something this large I would want to straight stitch, but this quilt made me bite the bullet and free motion quilt it. It is the largest quilt I have free motion quilted, but I kept and even stitch pretty well, and only had a few puckers on the backing.
I added a tag to this one, which is something I have been slacking on. And I named it "Holly Jolly Christmas." It was the only song lyric I could think of while closing the binding. I think it suits this quilt pretty well. I'm happy!!
this looks great...awesome finish
ReplyDeleteWhat a comfy Christmas quilt! Nice job on the allover free motion quilting.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful quilt. Trish
ReplyDeleteIt's very nice, your MIL is blessed! Doesn't it feel good to get a jumpstart on Christmas?
ReplyDeleteNice! Love the colors of this quilt and love the name :o) Stopping over from Sew & Tell. Happy Sewing! :o)
ReplyDeletewww.seamsinspired.com
Lucy mother in law. The quilt is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteThis looks fabulous! I love seeing all the finished quilts :)
ReplyDelete