
Yay the Blogger quilt festival is back!! Go over and check it out! Here is my entry.
This is a quilt that I finished in January. I am really happy with this baby. I get warm fuzzy feeling when I look at it. Adding lots of white to my quilts has been a new trend for me, and I really think it is what makes me LOVE this quilt.
I used this filmstrip tutorial by crazymomquilts. It was a fun simple project. I had these fabrics from a splurge several months before. I believe they are Windham Fabrics, American Retro c. 1945. I quilted It 1/4 inch on each side of each seam, with my walking foot of course, which honestly is my favorite way to quilt.
I named this one, 40's Fruity Filmstrip. It lives in our living room :)
Lovely quilt! What type of white fabric do you use on your quilt? Love the backing. Thanks for sharing your quilt!
ReplyDeleteHow cheery!
ReplyDeletemargaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com
White just makes colors sparkle like nothing else. I have a lot of trouble adding lights but sometimes it is the only thing that works. Beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing your story:)
ReplyDeleteLove that modern syle quilt. You did a great job. Love the way you chose to quilt it, too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a happy quilt with all those gorgeous fabrics!
ReplyDeleteSo fresh & cheerful! Nice work!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt the white fabric makes it pop
ReplyDeleteDarling quilt - I love white too and I really like the filmstrip layout. I'm going to have to try it!
ReplyDeleteOh - and I LOVE the quilt in your header!
Cute quilt. Definitely happy colors.
ReplyDeletei am in love with this quilt...such pretty fabrics and pretty pattern..i love the quilting too!
ReplyDeleteVery fruity! :) Love the happy colors, and the white really does make it pop!
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun pattern. Fun colors.
ReplyDeleteThis is really pretty. I love how the flowers stand out against the white.
ReplyDeleteIts great that this lovely quilt gives you so much joy.
ReplyDeleteDelightful quilt. Fun fabrics, great colors. You did a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteSewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Love the color story.
ReplyDeleteI love how you arranged your blocks in the color groupings. Awesome quilt! Sew On!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt. It's so happy. The white fabric really makes the colours sing. Glad you are using it!
ReplyDeleteA lovely, summery quilt.
ReplyDeletewhat a breath of fresh spring air. The way you arranged your colors is very graphic.
ReplyDeleteCome see my antique quilt entries
http://utahquiltappraiser.blogspot.com
http://starleyquilts.blogspot.com
That is such a crisp, beautiful quilt. The colors are just wonderful in it!
ReplyDeletegreat quilt!!! love the white background and those wonderful colors and fabrics. filmstrip quilts are visually appealing. thanks for sharing you lovely work.
ReplyDelete