I finished another top today. I named it Polka Dot Pigtails. Its for the Hubby's 2 1/2 year old niece. After this I only have one quilt left to make on his side to be caught up with the nieces and nephews. I know I'm boring and used the same pattern as the Christmas quilt for my parents. I can't help it. I saw this fabric and thought it fit our niece's personality. Plus, even though I only used two fabrics which would normally be quite boring, I think this pattern makes the two stand out in an interesting way. Like, its simple, but interesting.
I am going to have to take a break from quilting this week. My in-laws are coming to visit on Wednesday and I need to turn my quilting room back into a guest room. I have already tackled most of the fabric mess. I'm going to keep working until Tuesday. I can get the rest of it cleaned up easily in one day. I have fabrics washed and ready to cut for two more quilts. I think I can get one of them done by Tuesday. If not then that's okay. The Hubbs is leaving for a business trip the day before the in-laws leave, so once they are all gone I will have two days alone with the monster, and I think I can get some sewing done after he goes to bed. It sounds kinda panicky the way I'm planning everything out eh? But we are going to Michigan for three weeks in July and I don't want to leave anything in limbo.
We are going for a picnic today at the request of the Hubbs, to a park that has disc golf. Its gorgeous out today, so it should be a wonderful afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment