Actually I am making a whole gaggle of coordinating stuff for by little boy's room. He is still in a crib, but I figure in a little while we will convert it into a toddler bed for him. His room also houses a twin bed, for much later on, and I would like the toddler and the twin to coordinate. So I fell in love with Micheal Miller's Dig It White fabric and have been busy playing with it. I bought a whopping 12 yards! It came in the mail on a roll, it was so exciting! Anyhow, I bought a bunch of other Micheal Miller fabrics and made a twin size Stacked Coins quilt and a matching toddler size quilt. ( this is a link to a great pattern http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/02/stacked-coins-baby-quilt.html )
The twin is almost finished, I only have a little bit of binding to finish up. The toddler I basted today. I think I can get it quilted tomorrow. I have made curtains, and two throw pillows too!
The curtains aren't perfect, but I love them. Especially during the day with the lights off they give the room an orange glow.
I have one of the pillows finished, they are just
throw pillows. These two pics are of the smaller one. The larger pillow(below) isn't quite finished.
I cannot wait to see the whole room all put together. I still have a yard or so left of the Dig It fabric, so I can still invent something else....hmmmmmm
No comments:
Post a Comment