Friday, January 29, 2016

Horizons


I finished my Horizon quilt last night!



Today is a very windy day here, so indoor shots will have to do.



I started quilting this 236 days ago.  For most of that time it was stuffed someplace out of sight.
I am so glad I pulled it out and finished it!
It's a favorite of mine.
The colors are bright and cheerful.
Makes me look forward to summer!


I realized last night while I was finishing it, I started hand quilting last spring because my husband was deployed and I was not looking forward to lonely evenings watching tv by myself.
Hand quilting did keep me company.
(so did the dogs- as soon as I bring this quilt out Bonnie comes to cuddle)
Right now my husband at training in another state for a couple of weeks, and it was comforting to have the quilting this past week.
Also I started it while he was gone, and finished it while he was gone.
Not my favorite part of our lifestyle.

But boy do I love this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment