Sunday, April 19, 2015

Kate Spain Fabrics- my confession


I have joked around about how many Kate Spain fabric lines I have loved, and sewn with.  But it is serious.  As I was looking through the past 6 years, I noticed a couple of quilts that I didn't even know where her fabrics.






*The Fandango was one of my earliest precut purchases.  I used it for the Pat Sloan run quilt along back in 2010.  It lives with a friend.




* The 12 Days of Christmas was a jelly roll (probably my first) that I used following a Moda Bake Shop pattern.  This quilt is well loved every year on my sofa.




* Verna wasn't a precut I bought, but two prints I used for one of my all time favorite wall hangings - you know the one my husband knows I love so much he had it replicated on my BIRTHDAY CAKE once!  I am still hoarding this fabric I used on the back. (Seriously, I can't use it on anything, nothing is worthy.) 






*Honey Honey is the line I used to make two baby quilts for nieces back in 2013.  I had one charm pack, I bought coordinating solids and did the square in a square with white sashing.  This is still my favorite way to use 1 charm pack.





* Cuzco was a charm pack I bought along with solid charms packs to try a disappearing nine patch.  I gave it away last year.  It lives with a friend.





* Sunnyside was a layer cake I bought because I NEEDED it.  I ended up using it to make a quilt my mom wanted to gift.  


* In From the Cold I bought on a whim last November and I whipped mini charm packs into table runners for my in-laws.  I don't know why I didn't take a photo when they were finished and quilted.  I could have sworn I did.



* Daydream is the line I wanted but didn't buy.... but then on our trip to The Bakery at the beginning of the year I picked up a couple of charm packs.  I decided they would be perfect for a baby girl, so just recently I whipped up the baby quilt and gifted it.  The baby is due any day I believe.







And that leaves me with my Horizon quilt which is currently by my machine waiting to be worked on.  I am KEEPING this quilt!  Did you notice that I only kept the Christmas quilt?  Isn't that odd?  I love her fabrics, yet I keep gifting them!  The Horizon I am going to keep!

As for the few lines I missed out on... Central Park, Terrain (which I still kinda think I did buy and sew), Good Fortune, Solstice... I think I have picked up prints from each line here or there and didn't pay attention. 
Either way, I think it's obvious I've been a fan. 

I do NOT own any Paradiso.  
Yet. 













No comments:

Post a Comment