Friday, March 21, 2014

Done Done Done Dresden

 About a week ago, feeling the urge to purge again, the Hubs and I went through my stash.  I pitched some, but mostly we measured hunks of fabric and sorted them, so now I conveniently know if I have enough fabric if I'm pulling from my stash for a project.  
During the sort I jokingly declared that the fabric scraps had been multiplying in their bins.  Then, I went though one bin and found a whole dang top.  A pretty quilt, but one I seriously thought I had finished! It was very late at night so my irrational thoughts of cloning, and haunting had my pulse elevated.   I had to consult my blog to check and be sure I wasn't loosing my mind. In fact I did finish this dresden wall hanging last fall, but apparently I had made two!


So now I can say the wall hanging twins are both finished.  I used some fabric from my stash for the backing and binding and quilted it at sewing night this week.  Then banged out the binding while the Monster had his teeth cleaned yesterday.(No cavities! YAY!!) 
I think this quilt is even lovelier than the wall hanging I made for myself, which is good because I am going to be gifting this one. 


Speaking of the quilting, I did a loopy design on the dresden plate, and I love how it turned out.  I think I may be hooked on these loops.  

Now that the quilt that cloned itself and surprised me is done I only have one project left.  However, my herringbone top is going to have to wait until payday for it's backing...... So I came to a point when I had to do nothing for ten days, or start something new.  


 So I'm cautiously starting a small project.  And it's super pretty! And it's NEW!

Check back again soon!  I'm mailing out a quilt today so I'll have another finish to show you hopefully on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment