I finished up this quick quilt a couple nights ago. I made the top using the Fatquartershop.com's free pattern. Total it took me about an hour and a half to assemble, and I took a couple breaks in there to attend to life.
I don't know if I love it, but I don't hate it so it's all good. I think this pattern looks great with nearly any layer cake, but maybe mine was a little more challenging(ONE PINK?). However, my friend made the same pattern with the same layer cake and I think hers looks wonderful, so maybe it's just a strange self criticism thing.
I used a green backing because the recipient likes green.
The quilting went fast too. I did a meandering loop in the large squares, and swooping loop across the quilt in the thin rows. I really like the way these look. I think I'll be doing them more in the future.
I currently have 2 wips going on.
One secret, which will probably be finished this weekend. (The McMath men are sneezing, sniffling babies so we will probably be home all weekend... men are so terrible with colds, the 6 year old is handing it much better than his father is.)
The top of my herringbone is finished. Scoring the backing could happen next week. *fingers crossed*
My tenth mystery BOM arrived in the mail yesterday. I just love finding them in my mailbox, and I'm going to be really sad when the 12th block arrives. I cut the block out last night, then sewed it up this morning after school.
Feeling like I could possibly make it to a single project status sometime soon! I'd really like to get back to making quilts one at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment