Saturday, December 1, 2012

Big and Bright

A finish!
I started this quilt last May or June.  We were waiting to close on our house, and my husband was gone for six weeks.... I was tense and I needed a distraction!  This project was perfect.  The blocks were simple and colorful and it just made me happy to be making this quilt.  Then we moved and it was put aside....
 The pattern was a free pattern that CluckCluckSew posted. I just love it.  It's busy. No solid white to speak of.   That is definitely not my normal route.
 I used the Treasures and Tidbits fat quarters I had bought to make a different pattern.  I'm not sure why I didn't end up doing the Off the Rail, but I'm happy with these fabrics in this pattern, for sure!


I think this quilt will make a very nice picnic quilt.  Don't you?  We didn't have a picnic quilt... that seemed like a real shame.  Now I am very much looking forward to taking this big and bright quilt to the park and having lunch by the river.....next spring of course.

 Until spring I'm sure this quilt will see a lot of snuggling and fort use.  
I hand closed the binding on this one.  I'm not sure why since I do like machine closed bindings now.  As far as my deadline goes I would have had this baby done days ago.... but I still love the hand sewing of a quilt binding.   I think I always will. 

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is really cool. I have the same pattern bookmarked. Allison makes awesome things. Your quilt is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete