Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Seeing Stars


I LOVE quilt alongs.  I participated in Old Red Barn Co's rounds OneTwo, Three, Four, Five, Six, Eight, and Nine!   The skills I learned opened up my quilting world, and even though I was alone quilting in New Mexico I felt connected to other quilters.  Quilt alongs inspire and motivate me!  I love them.  
So when my local quilt friends and I made Snowball quilts together last winter I loved it extra to be sewing along in real life. We decided to do another quilt pattern together, but Bri was moving to Italy and we would have to share pics online.  Then I thought, man we should do a virtual quilt along with a bunch of quilters, then Bri wont be the only one getting instructions online.  I starting asking quilt friends, and I was honestly shocked at how many joined right up! We ended up with 13 quilters making saw-tooth stars.  It was wonderful and so fun to watch the stacks of fabric they picked turn into these quilts.  


Erin in GA

Julie in CO

Becky in CO

Tineke in SD

Val in OH

Jamie in MS

Erica in CT

Kristen in SD

and Me in SD... hey that rhymed  



Everyone has been doing an insanely great job.  We have 5 finished quilts now, one that is still being hand closed on the binding, two or three assembled tops, and I heard a fourth top was being assembled today.  I am so pleased!  Of course Bri has moved to Italy and cannot find her stars, go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment