Thursday, September 20, 2012

Monster Free Mornings

My little boy started preschool this week.  Its three mornings a week, two and a half hours a day.  That's quite a lot of alone time for me!  I've been enjoying it.
postage stamp
I decided to pull out these jelly rolls, which were stuffed in a box.  I had to press them.

I watched a morning show while I did.  Then I started assembling them.  While drinking coffee.
I also got my newest quilt student's fabric ready.  I always get most of the fabrics cut ahead of the time so they can get to practicing that 1/4 inch seam allowance faster ;)  

The three mornings I had this week were nice.  I spent my time drinking coffee in the quietness of my house. Even with the today show on its still quiet.  I feel like I just have a little bit of time to get ahead! (and my hair has not been in a pony for three whole days!)
Amy did really well.  She didn't seem overwhelmed, and her seam allowance is perfect!  All of her points are perfect!
She managed to get her top sewn in just a few hours!  I am extremely proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment