When Amylouwho used to host a weekly sew and tell it was super fun for me to hurry up and get something done so I could share. It was great motivation. But then I was moving and I wasn't sharing much... But today she is hosting and she wanted everyone to sew and tell about sewing with others. I didn't hear about this until after I had a couple girls I met at playgroup over to make the tree wall hanging. Musta been fate eh??
I have been having a few girls over to sew on Monday nights. And since we live on the prairie Kristen thought she might want to learn how to quilt. We picked out fabric for a quilt for her little boy, and I showed her how to cut and piece and press.
She learned how to baste and quilt this past week.
Here is her first quilt... quilted and trimmed up. Binding is next! She is a really great student!
| Her mom just gave her a retro Brother! |
Briana already knew how to use her machine and knew how to sew!! But I taught her how to do HSTs and she has been assembling a zig zag! Isn't it flipping cute?? I don't know if she likes HSTs so much but she is doing a really good job!
Go check out what other folks are talking about in Sew and Tell this week!!
How fun to have friends over to sew! I know that's always so motivating to keep going on your own projects!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing.
How fun to be sewing with friends. I like to get together with my sister to sew, but that doesn't happen as often as we'd like.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun sewing group!
ReplyDeletegreat teacher! hugs
ReplyDeleteI need some sewing buddies that don't live in my computer. Maybe one of these days I'll have to drive up there to work on the Farmer's Wife quilt with you.
ReplyDeleteIt was nice meeting you, thanks for stopping in the shop! :)
Sharon