Today I went to the Black Hills Quilt Show with my friend Tineke. She quilts and she doesn't get confused when I'm sarcastic or cynical. So I really like talking with her. Plus she is like super mom with two little girls, and I'm always impressed at how well she balances everything. But today she had her husband to keep the girls, and the hubs kept the monster, and we got to go to the quilt show KID FREE! We had breakfast at Denny's, and it was the darnedest delightful thing. Its been a long time since I went to breakfast without the monster!
We saw a lot of quilts. These are a couple I liked a lot!
I liked this one. I see it in TOTALLY different fabrics.
This one has enough white to suit my taste. I heart reproductions really hard right now, so I really love this quilt. And, I dig that it is a log cabin, but I had to look at it twice to realize it.
This log cabin was inspiring. I just need to move a log cabin up on my bucket list, and make one already!
This quilt made me super happy. I love the dish drainer.
Had no clue I would ever see a nude at a quilt show. It was pretty cool.
| Love |
I picked up some fabric at the show. Oops...But you know I saw a canning jar quilt in the online quilt festival, and added it to my bucket list. When I saw a whole mess of foods fabrics, I went for it. They were packaged in bundles and it was a big ordeal since the perfect pack always had something that made it imperfect. Like LIMES.. which Tineke didn't think should be included since you don't can limes. But the owner of the shop was awesome and helped us sort through for the perfect produce. I think I will be making a trip to her shop since I just loved her!
Although.... after the whole limes debacle I still ended up buying the oranges. hehehe
I picked up a few gray fat quarters for my someday gray project, that hasn't gotten past the 'start collecting gray fat quarters' stage.
And I picked up some Bliss :) Which I have been coveting... and of course by the time I was ready to make my move, it was done being printed, and was hard to find. :(
Quilt shows always have me wondering about my "quilt chops" and what my style really is. I spend the show in some pretty deep thought. Maybe it doesn't need to be that big of a deal? And I should just keep doing what makes me happy?
It was an awesome day and I had a really fun time.
I think doing what makes you happy is best.
ReplyDeleteand my fav is the flower garden, that will be the one I make for myself I think, after I finish all the quilts on my current list... because I think you pretty much have to hand sew it... so it will take me years and by that time I will not want to give it to anyone...lol... selfish I know
I love you blog, even though I dont make quilts or even sew well at all. Keep it up Teresa! the quilts from the show were really beautiful! I love the kitchen one. I'm excited to see your canning quilt! Those food fabrics were Sweet! I'm going to make an apron one of these days, possibly with fabric like that. Save me your scraps LOL!
ReplyDelete~<3~ Cary G.
Beautiful blog with lots of sewing inspiration...........I really need to make a quilt, it's been on my list of things to do for such a long time.........no excuses, I have the fabric, I have the tools, now I think I've found the inspiration.
ReplyDeletelily x