Since we moved to South Dakota I haven't said much about this place, unless I mention the weather. But I went to a playgroup onbase and met a few girls that sew and/or quilt! Cool right?! Then I got invited to play Bunko, which is also cool. Between the playgroup and Bunko I have met a bunch of really awesome women! So a couple girls saw some of my quilts on Facebook and said they wanted to learn how to make my
tree quilt. I always like sewing with others so I was game. Tonight they came over to make their very own tree quilts. I had the background patchwork ready for them when they came. Otherwise I just sort of supervised, and it was so fun for me! I think they are happy too, cause they are making really beautiful quilts!!
 |
| Kristen hadn't used a sewing machine before, but she did really great! |
 |
| This is Briana cutting her tree trunk. She knows how to use a machine and she went to town! |
 |
| Kristen went nice and slow, and did a really good job. I think she will learn to be more comfortable with just a little more time at the machine. |
 |
| Briana flew behind the baby Juki! This is a good action shot eh? |
 |
| Looking good! |
 |
A few hours later. Finished tree tops! I quilted Briana's while they finished with Kristen's leaves. I'm going to quilt the other one tomorrow. Don't they look awesome?! |
There is something about passing quilting on to others, that makes me super excited about quilting all over again. Even when I'm bored with my current projects and I'm not finishing a lot. Watching others learn something, makes me super geeked about this hobby!
That's so awesome. Good work Teresa. I love teaching someone else how to quilt. I can't get these uppity women to quilt.
ReplyDeleteThat is so wonderful! They look so happy and pleased with their quilts.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you left a comment on my blog so I could visit yours. Have a lovely day!