Have you lost hours of your life looking through the quilts over at the Quilt Festival? I have!
Its been GREAT!
I have heard a few concerns about the purge I mentioned on Thursday. No worries, I still have TONS of fabric left. Its just that I cannot work in my current situation. Its too much and its keeping me from quilting happily. So this is what I am taking to Denver for my friends to go through. Its mostly leftovers, and fabrics I've used and used and am just done with now.
I really went to town in my sewing area after I picked out all of the fabric that is going. It feels so much lighter in there to me! I could probably use a little (or a lot) of therapy. I don't know why I have these spurts of, lets get rid of all this crap! But my poor sweet husband is very supportive.
The pink tote and green basket thing are full of the scraps I'm going to keep to cut down for the scrap quilts I have in mind. SEE!! Thats still a lot! I haven't totally lost it.
And this is whats left in my stash cabinet. Its mostly stuff for projects on my to do list. I've never been much for buying a hunk of fabric just because. I get way more excited hunting for fabrics for a specific project. All that stuff I am giving way is whats left from past projects, especially because I used to buy plenty of extra just in case I totally screwed something up.
This I can handle. Its a good thing.
Hi Teresa! I wanted to pop over and thank you for your comment on my BQF quilt, Hope! Unfortunately you're a no-reply blogger but I found your blog so all's well! It is really a great feeling to know that you're giving comfort with a quilt - the reason why we have our quilt ministry! And if you ever feel the need to purge again, we'll gladly take your scraps from you! It's what keeps our ministry going....
ReplyDelete