The Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival is going on over at Amy's Creative Side. Its always loads of fun to go over and look through all the awesome quilts. But don't start looking if you need to get anything done in real life, because you will probably loose all concept of time and sit there cruising blogs for hours at end. I highly recommended it.

Here is my entry. The quilt I finished a few weeks ago for my bed. Its not a super challenging pattern, its the 4th time I have used the Round One Old Red Barn Co. Quilt Along pattern. But what made this quilt so special to me is that I quilted it! ME! In my dining room! Usually for a full sized or larger I send my quilts out to a long arm quilter. She does a great job, but I just wanted to see if I could quilt it and save myself a little moo-la while I was at it.
Granted I do have a capable machine with a large enough throat. But it was still a lot of work, and it took a lot of adjusting, occasional whimpering, and a few bouts of cursing. And I was terrified.
But I did it! And I did a good job. No puckers!! It was my quilt miracle of the year.
I hope you have a fun time at the quilt festival!!

Your quiting is wonderful! I love the sherberty colors. Do you love your Juki? That machine is just a straight stitch right?
ReplyDeleteLovely - often the simple ones are the best!
ReplyDeleteI am an Army wife first off so Go military families!! I also have a 3 yr old little boy!
ReplyDeleteI love your shabby chic looking top and I am soooo happy that you did the quilting yourself. I was terrified the first time too, but now I am hooked! Hope you enjoyed it too! TY for sharing!
Great quilt - and that machine is a wonderful workhorse ;-)) I own the same machine from Brother, and I love it, too.
ReplyDeleteThe simplicity of the quilt makes it perfect - And you quilted it.
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt! And great job on the quilting. It is a lot of work, but somehow satisfying.
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt and how great you were able to quilt it. I fmq but noting too big. Largest is about a twin and that about killed off my 65 year old shoulders. Now I'll only do lap size or smaller but know many who do all sizes. Spent 20 years following hubby around in the army. Had fun then but glad not to have to do it anymore! Thanks for sharing and have a great day!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful! And you quilted it yourself - good for you! I've never sent a quilt out, so I'm familiar with the whimpering, cursing, and pulling out of hair - good job on persevering!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a beautiful quilt! And the quilting itself is really pretty too. My machine doesn't have a big enough hole to do anything but straight line quilting. I have been known to wimper, etc. with just that set up! You did a great job!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on quilting all by yourself!! :) Isn't that fun?!
ReplyDeleteWhimpering and cursing--that sounds about right! It's a lovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteYay you! I've only quilted one of mine myself. Your came out lovely.
ReplyDeleteI am totally impressed! You did an amazing job of quilting this big quilt on your own. I have to confess that I'm a weenie when it comes to quilting anything larger than a baby quilt *blushing* It's a beautiful quilt :)
ReplyDeleteLovely! Finishing a quilt from A to Z is the best feeling in the world!
ReplyDeleteI love the colours you have used! So pretty
ReplyDeleteGood on you for giving the quilting a go. The quilting is one of my favorite parts!
great quilt! Good for you for tackling a big one yourself, you did a fabulous job!
ReplyDeleteGood job! What a job, I get really sore just quilting a small quilt. It is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteWhat an accomplishment - kuddos to you! I love those fabric choices - SO PRETTY! Again, congrats on your "all by myself" quilt!
ReplyDeleteI really like it. I haven't seen this pattern before and may just have to locate it! Beautiful...way to go on quilting such a HUGE quilt!
ReplyDeleteYou did an awesome job with the quilting! Its gorgeous. My type of colours.
ReplyDeleteGreat quilt, and congratulations on your quilting! I still haven't mustered up the courage to try it, but I get an inch closer to doing so when I read posts like this!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks great. Love the colours. Congratulations on the great job with the quilting!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt and a great job on the quilting. I haven't gotten brave enough to try to finish one of my own yet.
ReplyDeleteLove your comment on BQF: even with limiting myself to 42 sites today, I've wasted over an hour!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing
Congratulations on your quilt miracle! Now that you've done it once, will you be doing it again? Finally learning to quilt on my own machine has made quilting so much more fun, no more worrying about when I'd be able to get things quilted!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, weel done, lovely result.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, doing the quilting yourself. I haven't challenged myself in that direction, sure it would be very frustrating. Your quilt is beautiful on your bed, very cheerful looking.
ReplyDeleteGreat job! It is so satisfying to completely finish a quilt. Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt and really fun colors! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteLove your quilt! Great job from one domestic quilter to another - congrats!
ReplyDeleteIt's a gorgeous quilt, Teresa! And you did a great job quilting it - don't you love that Juki? I just got one this Christmas after sewing my whole life on Singer domestic machines - and doing a whole lot of machine quilting in the past year on one. The throat on the Juki feels enormous now! So keep up the good work - hopefully this will just be the first of many big quilts you quilt on your own!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors. Congratulations on quilting it yourself. It is such a challenge on a regular machine but so worth it.
ReplyDeleteThis is going on day 3 and I'm still immersed in the BQF and all the beautiful quilts to be seen. I love the quilting you did. I'm in the practicing mode myself; surely this gets easier, smoother, and more fun. HA!
ReplyDeleteI've used that Old Red Barn pattern a few times myself! LOL
ReplyDeleteThe quilt turned out great and the quilting was awesome!
BTW, I'm sitting here reading your entry and thinking about all the things I need to do today and still I sit here... lol
It's beautiful and your quilting is fantastic. Feeling a little envious here of sewing machines with large throats!
ReplyDeleteWell done! This is beautiful! Congrats on the quilting!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful you...You are a girl right up my ally with teaching others to quilt and quilting together for fun!! I grew up in the Air Force. That was fun too. Love your quilt. Could you please come down here to North Carolina to help me organize fabric?? I have been collecting for 50 years and letting go of it is sooo hard. You are doing a wonderful job.
ReplyDeleteBravo! I love it!
ReplyDeleteIt's a beauty! Congratulations on your quilting, I enlarged and it looks terrific even right close up. Love your backing too, it's perfect. I'm still doing straight walking-foot stuff, the next round at ORBC cures that! Hope to see you there!
ReplyDeleteWow, very impressive, no puckers! It really turned out great!
ReplyDeleteSuch a simple, beautiful quilt! I cannot imagine doing a big-size quilt. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the colours, and it looks great on the bed.
ReplyDeleteI love the fabrics you used for this quilt! congrats on quilting this one up yourself. It is a great feeling of accomplishment isn't it? :) Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Rachel
http://www.dewberrylane.com
You did a fantastic job on it! it is very lovely! Congrats to you that you did the quilting yourself. I send my quilts out if they are larger than twin because I live in an RV and just don't have room to do it. I have quilted one larger one by hand, and love to hand quilt baby quilts.
ReplyDeletehttp://fabgrandma.com
Un grande lavoro!
ReplyDeleteCiao