Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sweating Bullets

My sewing table insert has arrived! I am so happy. Secretly I was nervous. Waiting for the insert has been my excuse for not quilting the king size rail fence. Now that its here, I know the hubs is expecting me to get to it! WOOF.
Its kinda like being pregnant for 8 months, and in the home stretch you decide you might not want to do the whole labor and delivery thing. You try to figure out if there is a way to chicken out. But, I don't want to end up like that woman that was pregnant with a calcified baby for 50 years because she was too afraid to deliver(did you see that on TLC? crazy!), and have a 50 year old UFO waiting to be quilted.

So I loaded up 4 bobbins and went to it. It took me 45 minutes to quilt 9 of the 72 blocks. The monster was sleeping and the hubs was playing shoot the bad guys on the game machine, so no one heard me going back and forth between whimpers and curses.
The 9 blocks took 2+ bobbins.
Between adjusting the weight a million times, and reloading bobbin, I was sweating and realized its going to take a crap load of time. I'm 1/8 done and I think that deserves a little break. Maybe I'll do a few bobbin after supper.

No puckers thus far. Thats a good sign.

Happy Quilting Day!

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I love it. It will look so good on your pier one bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I call it my clearance bed, but pier one bed sounds a little higher class eh?

    ReplyDelete