Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Finally Finished Funky Fowl



Tonight I finished up these funky fowl. It took me an hour, which makes me kick myself for not just doing it weeks ago. Oh well. I like the table runner alot. I ended up quilting the top with a piece of batting, then I trimmed it up and attached it inside out to the backing. So then turned right-side out I ran a seam along the edge to close the opening. I like how finished it looks, I think a binding would have just been a bit bulky.
Each chick is quilted differently. The reds are free motioned in one way or another....
And the teals are straight line stitched. These hens make me super happy. I hope the recipient will enjoy them too. Her birthday is mid-May so I am not late on this one!! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment