Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wonky and Not Wonky Log Cabin Quilts

I really wasn't going to take part in the third quilt along. But once Quilt Dad posted the cutting directions I decided to go ahead and play. Darn my lack of self control. This round is a wonky log cabin. I am a bit giddy about it, especially since I had enough fat quarters in my stash! I think I might want to add white sashing but that's something I'll figure out later on.



I got my strips cut during nap time this morning. I had some nice pinks yellows ad oranges, and I am using two greens. I think it will be cute. I probably should plan on giving it away to a niece or something... but what if I decide to keep it? So instead of coming of as greedy at the end, I am going to plan on keeping it and if at the end I decide I can part with it then great.



And I think I have finally decided what to do with the red and teal fabrics. I am going to use the pattern in the Fall 2009 Fons & Porter's Easy Quilts Its the log cabin that's on the cover. I have gone back and forth but I am sticking to this plan now. I think I need to get another red to use for the sashing though. that's pretty good I think considering I bought this fabric with no real plan for it.


I am going to try to cut out the bulls-eye quilt during afternoon naptime. It shouldn't be too tough. I am very motivated today. GO ME

I found this really cute poem that I'm going to include with baby quilts from now on. I always want to include a note telling the parents to let the kid use the quilt, but I couldn't find the right words. This poem is perfect!

This quilt is made of cloth and thread
to place upon your little bed.
It's not an heirloom - just to keep,
but to lie upon as you count sheep.
Or perhaps the floor's the perfect place
for a doll and teddy picnic space.
This quilt can be anything you dream-
from Superman's cape to the robe of a queen.
Pretend its a raft adrift at sea,
or just cuddle up when you watch TV.
So use it up and wear it out-
I promise I won't yell or pout,
Just tell me when its days are through,
and I'll make another, just for you.
-- Kathy Sherlock

No comments:

Post a Comment