Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Two more exciting piles of fabric




I have two new projects on my growing list. While I was home we picked names for Christmas on my side. I have 5 siblings, two real and three step, and since everyone has a significant other it is too much to buy for everyone so this year we picked names. We got my younger sister, and one of my step- sisters. I am going to make them both quilts. Neither have the same taste as me, so I am branching out of my color and print comfort zone to make them something I think suits them.




For my sister J I am going to use the pattern in Fons & Porter’s Love of Quilting Easy Quilts Fall 2009 issue. it’s the Venetian Dream pattern on page 50. I’m going to make it a queen size though. I like that this magazine shares the changes for different bad sizes.



For my step-sister T I am going to make a simple throw. I happened upon this wall hanging and was inspired to just make it bigger! So I am starting with a 15 inch square, adding a 15 inch border, then a second 15 inch border to make it a nice throw size 72 inches square. I think I might do a squared spiral, quilted kind of close to make it look really interesting.
I am glad I have the fabric bought, and washed. That makes me feel more relaxed. I want to have them both finished before November. But I have a long list of projects so I might put these two ahead of the rest.
The photo up top is of my little guy talking on the phone to my husband, who is still overseas. One week left until he comes home!

No comments:

Post a Comment