Friday, July 29, 2016

Mini Michigan


My secret mini was delivered so I can share!



I made this quilt for my sister-in-law, who is a former Michigander.  It was so difficult thinking of a perfect mini, but I wanted it to be different.  I thought about it for so long it hurt my head.  Somehow I stumbled upon a Michigan quilt online, that sparked my interest.  The quilt was a wall hanging, and to get it to a mini size I figured out these little squares needed to be .75" finished.
I went back and forth thinking it was a terrible idea.  But now that it's done I think it's really great!



For the first time ever I used a white solid for a backing and I have to tell you it felt like standing naked when I finished the quilting!  Everything was visible!   


Hopefully it will be enjoyed!
I sure do love making minis!

No comments:

Post a Comment