Not a lot of sewing has been going on! We had two sets of in-laws stop in for visits and between the holiday and visits the Juki has been sitting quiet.
I'd been working on the binding of this quilt for some time before all of the activity, and I was able to finish it on Independence Day which seemed perfect!
Since my husband serves on active duty I have a great appreciation for everyone that serves or has served. I have spent hours going over the Quilts of Valor rules and trying to figure out why it's so darn complicated! Then the Flag Quilt for Veterans Facebook group was featured and I joined. Tons of inspiration on there! And it was so great to realize, I can just start making quilts for the vets that I know! When I started considering this I realized I know a lot of vets! It took me awhile to get started but I decided to go with one of the closest vets, which would be my father-in-law. He is retired from the Navy. I think next I will go to some of the vets on my side of the family, then I have 7 veterans on my street.... so if I get through all of those guys, I will just start taking them up to the VA hospital.
But this quilt came together so nicely! I am glad I went with batiks, and as nervous as they sometimes make me, I loved them in this project. It was good exercise.
I am going to get this gift in the mail this week. Hopefully he will enjoy it.


Such a wonderful gift to honor an incredible service and sacrifice!!! ❤️🇺🇸
ReplyDelete