This little quilt was delivered yesterday so I can share.
I bought a batik charm pack a year ago when Lisa and I went quilt shopping in Hadley.
We both disliked batiks, and I thought it was silly that we wouldn't give them a try.
I think dislike wasn't really the way I felt, I think I just feared them.
So I did give them a try.
I made a mini Rise and Shine for Lisa.
I'm not going to say I'm a total convert.
But I don't fear them anymore.
I have used them on the AT Star quilt, and I have another batik project on my long list.
Hopefully Lisa will like it.
She lives in Mexico and I think this bright mini quilt kinda belongs in a sewing room in Mexico.



I do love it! And I can't wait to find the perfect spot in my sewing room for it!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso o have not conquered my fear of batiks yet, I have a stash in my drawer as well!!!
ReplyDelete