When I flipped the calendar to August I starting thinking about the weeks I had ahead of me.
With a visit from my folks and starting our second grade homeschool year taking up the second half of the month, I thought I should be practical.
I will probably not be able to find time to sew.
At least not at my machine.
I still have lots of hand sewing to do with those two bindings and the hand quilting on my Horizons.
So I decided to take the nine days I have left and just make as many farmgirl blocks as I can.
So this is the progress I made.
Old Glory
Old Red Barn
Out to Pasture
Patchwork Pumpkin
Peas and Carrots
Pie Cherries
Pinwheels
Postage Stamp
Scrappy Maple Leaf
Summer Star
Sunday Morning
Sunny Sunflower
Tumbleweed
Water Turn
Welcome
Winter Star
Woolly Sheep
I was able to get twenty blocks sewn in four days.
Considering I'm single parenting I am giving myself a pat on the back.
I still have three blocks left to make.
In the book they are additional simple stars.
I might decide to make a different block.
Either way, I will be able to pick it back up when the quilt along-ers are getting ready to finish.
And I should not single parenting by then!
Sunday Morning
Sunny Sunflower
Tumbleweed
Water Turn
Welcome
Winter Star
Woolly Sheep
I was able to get twenty blocks sewn in four days.
Considering I'm single parenting I am giving myself a pat on the back.
I still have three blocks left to make.
In the book they are additional simple stars.
I might decide to make a different block.
Either way, I will be able to pick it back up when the quilt along-ers are getting ready to finish.
And I should not single parenting by then!





















No comments:
Post a Comment