Monday, August 10, 2015

A Fabric Diet

 I've been working on my Road to Tennessee.

I need to find an audiobook to bang this mindless sewing out.



But about the fabric diet.... have you ever noticed the word DIE in diet?  

Remember at the beginning of the year how I was feeling overwhelmed by my precut collection and decided to plot quilts out and start sewing?  Well, I have done pretty well with that goal.  I've made quilts with my Daydream, Miss Kate, Boathouse, Horizon, Mirabelle, Vintage Happy, and I'm currently sewing my Persimmon.    But the other night I realized I'm still overwhelmed.  I was putting away fabric pieces from the bin I use for scrappy projects like the farmgirl.  When I put things away I realized my scraps are super out of control.  And my 1/4 yard cuts box and fat quarter box won't even shut! And forget stuffing things in my 'projects' cabinet.  It's stuffed too.  And here I had just placed a big order for another quilt.  So I took stock and made a serious list of projects I have, but haven't started yet.  Which ones I needed to do the math and make a shopping list before I even think about  starting them, which don't even have patterns picked out yet.  It was overwhelming.  So I decided I will not buy any new fabric unless it is needed to complete one of these projects.  

I did give myself one little cheat, and that is I will be allowed to buy Bonnie and Camille or Kate Spain fabrics when they come out, just as long as I have a pattern and accurate shopping list.  


I spent the day yesterday plotting and picking patterns, doing a lot of math, making shopping lists.  I only have four projects left that I don't have patterns for.  But I do have TEN planned.  That Kona card sure is helpful.  
After I get the 14 projects made, I need to seriously attack my scraps.  My strings can is full and I want it emptied!  It might take years.


Actually that number should be ELEVEN because I have all the fabric for this project and it is planned out.  I am so excited to get started with this one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment