Monday, July 13, 2015

The Secret Quilt


The baby quilt has finally been received by the expectant momma, so I can share this finish.


It is for our friend Jamie's fourth little one and with three girls we thought the baby brother should have a boyish quilt!  The color combo that the ladies decided on were, blue blue, grass green, with aqua and orange as extras to throw in there.  So with the fun bright blocks I ended up deciding on a melon colored print for the border because oddly enough the orange tones really ranged!  I went with a very light gray sashing and I think it still reads 'boy'.  

Here are the blocks



I made the swoon


Julie made the star


Briana made the zig-zag


Lisa made this hst block


Kristen made the dresden


Amber made the card trick


Erin made this block- its called Double -X


Miranda made the wonky log cabin


April made the fan


I picked a green polka dot backing because when a top is this wild I have troubles deciding on a backing. But I think this one worked.  

I think it is so wonderful that the quilting group is so generous and thoughtful.  I love that this is the eighth baby quilt we have made and in this little quilt six of the nine blocks were made my ladies that have received a baby quilt from the group.  The group is apparently fertile.  I hope it keeps up!  

1 comment:

  1. As someone who has received a quarter of the quilts made by this group, I am handing in my fertility card. Someone else can carry the torch. Mallory and the new baby do and will love their group made quilts.

    ReplyDelete