Friday, July 24, 2015

A Finish


I had been working on this binding for what seemed like FOREVER, but thankfully it is now done!


I love how wild this quilt ended up being.  
It's a nice adult snuggling size.




Thistle's hiking adventure has been so awesome to follow along with that I almost feel like I have been there with her soaked boots, loud snoring shelter mates, bears, trail magic and all.   
I hope this quilt feels like a big 'great job' hug when she receives it and whenever she uses it.


I also love that I made myself go with batiks because I know she likes them, even if they make me uncomfortable.  When we first started doing quilt alongs Erica always picked batiks.


I used one of the thistle blocks on the back as the label ( don't worry I did finish the label) 
I am excited that I got it done before she finished and I am glad it will be waiting for her when she gets home. 



As for other things.  


I've been sewing the hexagons.
Perfectly I might add.


And I did get my farmgirl blocks done.  



No comments:

Post a Comment