Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sneaking Up On Me

Last night at sewing with Kristen I realized I was starting to slip back into old habits.  I was startled.(yet somewhat comforted that Kristen's project list is way more scattered than mine. Sorry Kris.)

Because I banged out the quilting on my Honeysweet queen so fast I was lacking the binding fabric.... I thought I had time.


So this morning way earlier than I'm usually up and out of the house I went to buy the binding. 
That's project #1


 I had been putting off basting the Star Spangled distraction quilt.  I mean sometimes I just don't feel like mopping.


So this morning after I returned from the fabric store I mopped the dang kitchen and basted.
That's project #2


And last night since I hadn't a quilt to quilt, or a binding to attach I started cutting my Swoon.


Technically I was just getting 'a head start', BUT...
That's project #3

Also secretly I have been working on a special quilt.


Since it's such a secret my time to work on it is very limited.  And with such limited time I decided I should start on it immediately to be sure I meet the deadline.  Good intentions but...
That's project #4

I really do think things are under control but I hate the feeling that I could end up with a dozen WIPs again.   Now that the Honeysweet just needs hand sewing, and the quilting and binding should be fast on the Star Spangled I should feel a little more balanced between the swoon and the secret quilts. 

I won't have more than 4 projects at one time......... 

No comments:

Post a Comment