Saturday, August 23, 2014

#31 Star Spangled



I managed to finish this quilt yesterday.  Quilted it in the afternoon and added the binding after dinner.


It feels pretty great to get it done before Labor Day, which means I finished it before the end of summer.   Even though this is technically a Fourth of July quilt, I used the sale that Fat Quarter Shop had on the 4th to score the border and backing fabrics.  If I hadn't, this quilt probably wouldn't have been finished until next summer Thanksgiving.     

This quilt is my thirty-first finish for the year.  With several months left in the year I'm getting pretty nervous.  If I hit forty I fear the hubs will want to have a sit down.  
Number thirty-two is on the sofa, half of the binding hand sewn.... it's only a matter of days. 


Luckily I have been busy getting ready to start our new homeschool year.  I'm sure I will have a slowdown as we are trying to get into a routine and balance extracurricular activities.  
Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment