Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Have Sewn

Despite my BOM procrastination I do have a new sewing development!

My friend Miranda recently took the plunge into zipper pouches and it convinced me I should give it a whirl.

  
So while I was at Hancock I picked up a flamingo colored zipper.  One afternoon I got started.  Twenty minutes later... 


Success! 

I made a trip back to Hancock to get a few more zippers!
The next morning I was supposed to meet Miranda for breakfast and I got a message that she was running thirty minutes late.


So obviously I made four more pouches with that extra time!  They are so fun, and I cannot wait to try boxed pouches and other designs.  I didn't think I should go back to Hancock for more zippers until my next quilt allowance rolls around.  


  Then I ran into Miranda and she gave me a little box stuffed FULL of colorful zippers!(The wine is from Kristen, I have super awesome friends)  
I am giddy and excited.  I've also told myself that I am not allowed to make a zipper pouch until my BOM is ready for the long arm lady.   That sure is a good motivation because I cannot wait to go through the rainbow of zippers!



I also made a baby softy...See!  I've been productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment