I finished a quilt! Woot woot!
The top was put together in January. Six months to baste, quilt, and bind it is pretty sad. I had a tough time deciding on a backing. I went with a reproduction for the back... and Kona Old Green for the binding.
But I'm pleased that it is done. Its going to live with the Hub's nieces.
Changing subjects. The other day I went to the HoLo to search for backings for a couple of those tops I have waiting now. With sales and coupons I bought the scrappy trip's binding, the country square dance binding, backings and binding for both the Cuzco quilt and the rainbow pinwheels.... I spent the money my grandpa gave me for my birthday and ten bucks of my allowance. It was wonderful! So now I have the binding waiting in the living room on the square dance. I hope to piece the two backing today and get basting soon!
I've mentioned a few times, the group of friends that quilt along with me on Facebook. We've made a star quilt, dresdens, log cabin, the square quilt, and right now we are working on chevrons. We always start with a pattern and everyone makes it their own. I wanted to try something different and fun, so I asked five of my friends to trust me and agree to a challenge. I sent everyone a bundle of fabric. Ten fat quarters and a hunk of a tan solid. I also included a bag of fun stuff to reward them for their bravery. Basically I told them they can use any pattern they like. I'm excited to see how the same fabrics translate to different patterns and quilts.
I will be participating in the quilt along also. I am excited and itching to get started. But.....I won't be starting until I have some of my wips finished. I want to get the square dance, rainbow, Cuzco and tiger squares quilts finished before I begin. That's a motivator for sure! So since I have everything I need, and its supposed to be a rainy few days I hope to make some real progress! I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment