Wednesday, October 24, 2012

More Stars

I have more stars going on over here!  I'm making little wall hanging quilts for the girls that are doing a fun swap in our quilt along group.  I bought these Hungarian blue fabrics when I first moved to South Dakota, planning to make a quilt, but nothing was coming to mind so I thought I would just make these mini quilts.  Now seeing them laid out together I think these would make a pretty fine quilt.  Go figure!  But I'm sticking to the plan.  I need to quilt and bind them.  They are about 16 x 16, so nice little sizes to have fun with.    

 I have this stack eyeing me from across the room.  I need to bind one, quilt a couple, and take care of this heap!

This is a bad photo from my phone, but these are my finished dresdens.  I need to pick a background and mount them.  I am thinking a light gray.  But getting my hind-end to the HOLO to get the background has been my issue.  I think they are very pretty though.   
 I started this project with some charm packs I bought recently.  I think I want to buy another pack and make it large enough to use as a throw.  I'm still meditating on this though.  It will be a Christmas gift...if I finish meditating in time. ;)
 It snowing a bit today.  We are supposed to get about an inch and temps will be chilly, so I should find myself inside sewing more. 
Maybe not today though, since the monster is home sick from school.  Although he has been quite a smart Alec for his state of health.  He looks pretty happy here watching the first snow of the year flying outside. For a monster he is pretty cute.    

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed you can have so many quilts going at one time. Love the stars and dresdens!

    ReplyDelete